In this article we will explain how to hard reset Windows Phone on a Nokia Lumia 1520 device. With it’s 6 ” Full HD display, the Nokia Lumia 1520 is like a hybrid between a table and a phone, also known as a “phablet“. It has an amazing lens and camera software, as you can see by looking at the pictures National Geographic photographer Stephen Alvarez took, using only a Nokia Lumia 1520 or a Nokia Lumia 1020 for the “Explore the 7 natural wonders of the world” project.
There are two methods to hard reset Windows Phone on Nokia Lumia 1520, depending on what is the situation with your device. If you have access to the software of your smartphone, you can use the method that involves using the option that Windows Phone provides through some menu options. If, on the other hand, you can not use your phone for any reason, you should use the method that involves doing a hard reset using hardware buttons.
Reminder: When you hard reset Windows Phone everything you have added to your phone since you took it out of the box will be deleted. That means all applications, personalization, photos, music, etc.. Make sure you do a backup of everything you need to keep before going through the following steps.
Hard reset Windows Phone on Nokia Lumia 1520 using Windows Phone settings
- Check that the battery of your Nokia Lumia 1520 device has 50% battery or more left. The process of going back to factory settings can take a few minutes, and you don’t want your device to say goodbye in the middle of the process.
- Go to Settings on the Applications Menu.
- Go to the About option
- Click on the “Reset your phone” button.
Windows Phone will ask if you are sure you want to return your device to factory settings. If you click yes it will proceed with the process, that will take about 5 minutes. After the process is completed, the Nokia Lumia 1520 will restart in the same state it was when it came out of the box.
Hard reset Windows Phone on Nokia Lumia 1520 using hardware buttons
- As in the previous method, you need to check that your battery is at least 50% charged
- Turn off your phone
- Hold down the Volume Down button during 3 seconds, and then hold down and release the Power button, while still pressing the Volume Down button.
- Let go of the Volume Down button and go through the following sequence: VOLUME UP -> VOLUME DOWN – POWER – VOLUME DOWN.
- Windows Phone will now start the process to return your phone to factory settings. This process will take about 5 minutes. After the process is finished, the Nokia Lumia 1520 will re-start, and the device will be in the same state it was when it came out of the box.
We hope this tutorial about how to hard reset Windows Phone on a Nokia Lumia 1520 was useful to you and in case you have questions please leave them in the comment section below or in our Facebook page.