In this occasion we will talk about how to reset Windows Phone on the HTC Windows Phone 8x device. The process is similar to other devices that runs Windows Phone, but we will walk you through it step by step for this particular telephone.
Two methods to reset Windows Phone on HTC Windows Phone 8x
When you decide to reset windows phone it is probably because of two reasons, one being that you want to erase everything from your phone and start fresh, and the other one that for some reason you have lost access to the SO of the device, so you don’t have another choice but to reset windows phone to regain access to your phone. We will explain the method you use in each case.
Reminder: When you reset Windows Phone you erase everything on your device, making the HTC Windows Phone 8x be exactly like it was when out of the box. Please, remember to backup any data you don’t want to loose before going through with the following steps.
Hard reset Windows Phone on HTC Windows Phone by using WP Settings
This is the method you will use if you still have access to your mobile.
- Make sure your battery has more than 50% charge. The reason for this is the reset Windows Phone process takes up to 5 minutes, and we don’t want your battery to die out in the middle of the process.
- Go to the Settings menu, then select About, and then press the “Reset your phone” button
- The reset Windows Phone process will start. This process will take about 5 minutes and will require no interaction from you. Once the process is finalized, the phone will restart and it will be as out of the box.
Hard reset Windows Phone on HTC Windows Phone 8x using hardware buttons
This is the method used when, your some reason, you can’t access the operative system of the phone, and therefor you can not access the Settings menu. The reason is probably because you forgot your pin, and so you have no choice but to reset the phone to factory settings.
- As with the other option, please make sure your battery is charged at least at 50% so your phone will not die in the middle of the reset process.
- Make sure your phone is turned off
- Press down the Volume Down button, and after 3 seconds press the POWER button BRIEFLY. Keep pressing the Volume Down button until an exclamation appears on the screen.
- Now release the Volume Down button and press the following buttons in this sequence: VOLUME UP – VOLUME DOWN – POWER – VOLUME DOWN.
- The phone will reboot starting the reset process. This process will take about 5 minutes, after which the phone will restart as it came out of the box.
We hope this article will help you to reset Windows Phone on HTC Windows Phone 8x and if you have any comments, please leave them in the comments section below or on our Facebook page.