This tutorial is intended for those who need to reset Windows Phone on their Microsoft Lumia 940 device. If this is you, please stay with us and we’ll show you how to accomplish this in very simple steps.
The Microsoft Lumia 940 is the first smartphone to be released to the market with Windows 10 installed from the factory, so the process to reset Windows might differ a little from what it was for Windows 8.0 or 8.1.
As usual you can choose to do a soft reset of Windows Phone or hard reset Windows Phone. The method you choose depends a lot on the state of your Microsoft Lumia 940. If you have access to the operative system, you can do a soft reset to get it back to its factory settings, just by using software options. If, on the other hand, you have lost access to your device, for example if you forgot your lock pin, you will have to do a hard reset.
Before going through with any of the methods, please make sure your battery is fully charged to avoid any unexpected shut downs.
Soft reset Windows Phone on Microsoft Lumia 940
- Go to Settings, and then About and click on Reset Your Phone
- Confirm that you want to go through the process and it will start automatically. When your smartphone restarts, it will have returned to it’s factory settings.
Hard reset Windows Phone on Microsoft Lumia 940
If your Microsoft Lumia 940 does not respond, or you forgot the lock pin, you can reset windows using this method, following these easy instructions:
- Completely turn off your smartphone.
- Press the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time. An exclamation point should show up no the screen at this point.
- When you see the exclamation point, press the following button combinations: Volume Up, Volume Down, Power and then Volume Down
- The process will start automatically and when your Microsoft Lumia 940 restarts, it will be at the same state it was when out of the box, ready for your configuration.
You have now reset windows on your Microsoft Lumia 940, if you have any comments, do not hesitate to leave them right here below!
In this article we will explain how to hard reset Windows Phone on a Nokia Lumia 1520 device. With it’s 6 ” Full HD display, the Nokia Lumia 1520 is like a hybrid between a table and a phone, also known as a “phablet“. It has an amazing lens and camera software, as you can see by looking at the pictures National Geographic photographer Stephen Alvarez took, using only a Nokia Lumia 1520 or a Nokia Lumia 1020 for the “Explore the 7 natural wonders of the world” project.
Two methods to hard reset Windows Phone on Nokia Lumia 1520
There are two methods to hard reset Windows Phone on Nokia Lumia 1520, depending on what is the situation with your device. If you have access to the software of your smartphone, you can use the method that involves using the option that Windows Phone provides through some menu options. If, on the other hand, you can not use your phone for any reason, you should use the method that involves doing a hard reset using hardware buttons.
Reminder: When you hard reset Windows Phone everything you have added to your phone since you took it out of the box will be deleted. That means all applications, personalization, photos, music, etc.. Make sure you do a backup of everything you need to keep before going through the following steps.
Hard reset Windows Phone on Nokia Lumia 1520 using Windows Phone settings
- Check that the battery of your Nokia Lumia 1520 device has 50% battery or more left. The process of going back to factory settings can take a few minutes, and you don’t want your device to say goodbye in the middle of the process.
- Go to Settings on the Applications Menu.
- Go to the About option
- Click on the “Reset your phone” button.
Windows Phone will ask if you are sure you want to return your device to factory settings. If you click yes it will proceed with the process, that will take about 5 minutes. After the process is completed, the Nokia Lumia 1520 will restart in the same state it was when it came out of the box.
Hard reset Windows Phone on Nokia Lumia 1520 using hardware buttons
- As in the previous method, you need to check that your battery is at least 50% charged
- Turn off your phone
- Hold down the Volume Down button during 3 seconds, and then hold down and release the Power button, while still pressing the Volume Down button.
- Let go of the Volume Down button and go through the following sequence: VOLUME UP -> VOLUME DOWN – POWER – VOLUME DOWN.
- Windows Phone will now start the process to return your phone to factory settings. This process will take about 5 minutes. After the process is finished, the Nokia Lumia 1520 will re-start, and the device will be in the same state it was when it came out of the box.
We hope this tutorial about how to hard reset Windows Phone on a Nokia Lumia 1520 was useful to you and in case you have questions please leave them in the comment section below or in our Facebook page.
In this occasion we will talk about how to reset Windows Phone on the HTC Windows Phone 8x device. The process is similar to other devices that runs Windows Phone, but we will walk you through it step by step for this particular telephone.
Two methods to reset Windows Phone on HTC Windows Phone 8x
When you decide to reset windows phone it is probably because of two reasons, one being that you want to erase everything from your phone and start fresh, and the other one that for some reason you have lost access to the SO of the device, so you don’t have another choice but to reset windows phone to regain access to your phone. We will explain the method you use in each case.
Reminder: When you reset Windows Phone you erase everything on your device, making the HTC Windows Phone 8x be exactly like it was when out of the box. Please, remember to backup any data you don’t want to loose before going through with the following steps.
Hard reset Windows Phone on HTC Windows Phone by using WP Settings
This is the method you will use if you still have access to your mobile.
- Make sure your battery has more than 50% charge. The reason for this is the reset Windows Phone process takes up to 5 minutes, and we don’t want your battery to die out in the middle of the process.
- Go to the Settings menu, then select About, and then press the “Reset your phone” button
- The reset Windows Phone process will start. This process will take about 5 minutes and will require no interaction from you. Once the process is finalized, the phone will restart and it will be as out of the box.
Hard reset Windows Phone on HTC Windows Phone 8x using hardware buttons
This is the method used when, your some reason, you can’t access the operative system of the phone, and therefor you can not access the Settings menu. The reason is probably because you forgot your pin, and so you have no choice but to reset the phone to factory settings.
- As with the other option, please make sure your battery is charged at least at 50% so your phone will not die in the middle of the reset process.
- Make sure your phone is turned off
- Press down the Volume Down button, and after 3 seconds press the POWER button BRIEFLY. Keep pressing the Volume Down button until an exclamation appears on the screen.
- Now release the Volume Down button and press the following buttons in this sequence: VOLUME UP – VOLUME DOWN – POWER – VOLUME DOWN.
- The phone will reboot starting the reset process. This process will take about 5 minutes, after which the phone will restart as it came out of the box.
We hope this article will help you to reset Windows Phone on HTC Windows Phone 8x and if you have any comments, please leave them in the comments section below or on our Facebook page.