Microsoft Lumia 650 hasn’t been on the market for a long time, but you may still need to reset Windows Phone on it, for any reason.
No matter the reason you may have for reseting your Lumia 650, this tutorial will explain in very simples steps how to do just so.
There are two methods available to reset Windows Phone on the Lumia 650, depending on the state of your device. Please, stay with us, while we go through each step for each method.
First we have to decide what method to use.
If you have access to the Windows Phone operative system, but you simply want to bring your Lumia 650 back to it’s factory settings, you will use Method number 1, which involves using options from within the OS.
If, however, for some reason you do not have access to the Windows Phone OS, for example if you lost the lock pin, then you will use Method number 2, which involves pressing hardware buttons in a certain order.
We will now proceed to explain each of the methods. Please, before we start, make sure the battery of your Lumia 650 is charged to at least 80% to avoid any unwanted shut downs in the middle of the process. If you’re able to, consider doing a backup of your data before proceeding.
Reset Windows Phone on Lumia 650, through the Settings Menu
To reset Windows phone on your Lumia 650 using this method, please follow these easy steps:
- Go to the Settings Menu
- Select About
- Press the button Reset your phone.
- You will be asked if you’re sure about going through with the process. Select Yes, and the Lumia 650 will start the process of returning to it’s factory settings automatically.
Reset Windows Phone on Lumia 650 using hardware buttons.
To reset Windows Phone on your Lumia 650 if you have lost access to your Operative System, follow these steps and you’ll be done in no time:
- Make sure your mobile is completely turned off and no cables are attached to it.
- Press the Volume Down and Power button at the same time. When you feel the smartphone vibrate, let go of the power button but keep pressing the Volume Down button until an exclamation point appears on the screen.
- Press the following buttons in this order: Volume Up -> Volumen Down -> Power -> Volume Down
- The Nokia 650 will automatically start the process to reset Windows Phone, restarting after a few minutes having returned to it’s out of the box state.
You should now have been able to reset Windows Phone on the Nokia 650, but if you need any more assistance, please leave a comment below.