Huawei Ascend W1 is the first device by Huawei to run Windows Phone 8. In this article we will explain how you can restore the Huawei Ascend W1 to factory settings if needed. We will explain step by step the two methods available to hard reset Windows Phone on a Huawei Ascend W1 device.
When do I need to hard reset Windows Phone on a Huawei Ascend W1 device?
To hard reset your phone is a drastic move, which should be taken with care. It involves putting your device in the same state it was in when it came out of the box.
This means everything you have installed, your personalized settings, photos, videos, music, etc., will all be erased.
You would want to return your Huawei Ascend W1 to factory settings if, for example,you have forgotten your lock pin and therefor can not access or use your device.
Another reason could be if you are passing the phone to another person, and do not want that other person to have your personal data. Or maybe you have used your Huawei Ascend W1 for a while and the operative system feels bloated, and you feel like you would like to give it a fresh start.
No matter the reason behind you wanting to hard reset Windows Phone 8 on a Huawei Ascend W1 device, we will explain the steps.
Reminder: Since performing a hard reset wipes out all your data, please consider doing a backup of the information you want to keep before going through with the following steps.
How to hard reset Windows Phone on a Huawei Ascend W1 device using Windows Phone settings
If you have access to the menus on the Huawei Ascend W1 device and can use it, follow these instructions:
- Make sure your battery is at least 50% charged. You don’t want to run out of power in the middle of the hard reset process.
- While on the main screen, wipe to the left to access the applications menu, choose settings -> about and then click on the button that says “Reset your phone”
- The process will start automatically and will take about 5 minutes. Once it’s finished your device will reboot itself and will start as if just out of the box.
How to hard reset Windows Phone on a Huawei Ascend W1 device using hardware buttons
This is the method used if you don’t have access to your phone, for example if you forgot the lock pin to unlock your device.
- Make sure your battery is at least 50% charged. Once the hard reset process is started, you don’t want to run out of power.
- Turn off your device
- Press Volume Down button for 3 seconds, and then press and release the Power button, while still pressing the Volume Down button.
- Let go of the Volume Down button and go through the following sequence: VOLUME UP -> VOLUME DOWN – POWER – VOLUME DOWN.
- Windows Phone will start the process of hard reset. This process will take about 5 minutes, after which the Huawei Ascend W1 running Windows Phone will restart itself, and the device will be just as it was outside of the box.
We hope this tutorial about how to hard reset Windows Phone on a Huawei Ascend W1 device was useful to you, and please leave us a comment here in our comments section or on our Facebook page.