This tutorial is intended for those who need to reset Windows Phone on their Microsoft Lumia 940 device. If this is you, please stay with us and we’ll show you how to accomplish this in very simple steps.
The Microsoft Lumia 940 is the first smartphone to be released to the market with Windows 10 installed from the factory, so the process to reset Windows might differ a little from what it was for Windows 8.0 or 8.1.
As usual you can choose to do a soft reset of Windows Phone or hard reset Windows Phone. The method you choose depends a lot on the state of your Microsoft Lumia 940. If you have access to the operative system, you can do a soft reset to get it back to its factory settings, just by using software options. If, on the other hand, you have lost access to your device, for example if you forgot your lock pin, you will have to do a hard reset.
Before going through with any of the methods, please make sure your battery is fully charged to avoid any unexpected shut downs.
Soft reset Windows Phone on Microsoft Lumia 940
- Go to Settings, and then About and click on Reset Your Phone
- Confirm that you want to go through the process and it will start automatically. When your smartphone restarts, it will have returned to it’s factory settings.
Hard reset Windows Phone on Microsoft Lumia 940
If your Microsoft Lumia 940 does not respond, or you forgot the lock pin, you can reset windows using this method, following these easy instructions:
- Completely turn off your smartphone.
- Press the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time. An exclamation point should show up no the screen at this point.
- When you see the exclamation point, press the following button combinations: Volume Up, Volume Down, Power and then Volume Down
- The process will start automatically and when your Microsoft Lumia 940 restarts, it will be at the same state it was when out of the box, ready for your configuration.
You have now reset windows on your Microsoft Lumia 940, if you have any comments, do not hesitate to leave them right here below!
If you need to reset Windows Phone on your HP Stream x360, you have reached the tutorial that will help you!
This method has been approved by the manufacturer as a safe way to return your HP to its factory settings.
Before going ahead with the procedure, please remember that all of your personal data will be erased. If you can, do a backup of your data before proceeding.
Also make sure the battery of your HP Stream x360 is charged to at least 80% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns.
How to reset Windows Phone on HP Stream x360
You don’t need to have access to the start screen of your HP Stream x360 to be able to reset Windows on it. Just follow these steps and you’ll have your device back to it’s factory settings in no time.
- Turn off your HP Stream x360 completely and wait 20 seconds before proceeding.
- Turn on your device and press the F11 key several times, until the Choose an option menu shows up on the screen
- Click Troubleshoot
- Click reset your PC
- On the next screen click on Next.
- Read and answer any screens that shows.
- Your HP Stream x360 will now reset itself, and when it comes back it will be at it’s out of the box state.
Reset Windows Phone on HP Stream x360 is simple!
If you have followed the steps to reset Windows on your device, then you should now have a HP Stream x360 back to it’s factory settings. Simple as that!
In this tutorial we will teach you how to reset Windows Phone on Nokia Lumia 925 in a quick and easy way, without any technical assistance, and from the comfort of your home.
Nokia Lumia 925 is a Windows Phone that has the award winning technology PureView, and runs OS Windows Phone 8. This OS might give you some errors and might lag after a long time of use.
Follow these instructions to do a reset Windows and return your Nokia Lumia 925 to it’s factory settings.
Before going through with the process, make sure your battery is charged to at least 80%.
If you forgot your active lock pattern on your Nokia Lumia 925, use the first method.
If, on the other hand, you just need to reset Windows as maintenance on your Nokia Lumia 925, the fastest and easiest is to use the second method to reset Windows.
First method to reset Windows Phone on Nokia Lumia 925
This method to reset Windows on your Nokia Lumia 925 is very simple just pressing a combination of buttons to activate the Window restauration process.
- Turn off your Nokia Lumia 925 and wait 20 seconds before continuing, and check that no cables are connected to it.
- Press the Volume down button and connect the charger at the same time. After a few seconds an exclamation point will show on the screen. (You can also press the Power button, instead of connecting the charger, if you have made sure the battery is charged.)
- Now press the following sequence of buttons in this order:
- Volume up
- Volume down
- Volume down
- Now your Nokia Lumia 925 will start the reset Windows process to return it to its factory settings.
Second method to reset Windows Phone on Nokia Lumia 925
You will be able to run this process to reset Windows Phone from the Applications Menu of your Nokia Lumia 925.
Go to Settings -> About -> Reset your phone, and confirm the warning you get.
Wait a few minutes and your Nokia Lumia 925 will return to its out of the box state.
And you’re done! You have now successfully reset Windows Phone on your Nokia Lumia 925, leave a comment if you have any questions!